Tuesday, January 14

Leopard in the snow

Let's give a big YAY to the weather-gods because it is finally snowing outside! Well, it's about 20 days late since Christmas is far behind us but at least we have the little pleasure of enjoying Estonia's picturesque landscape in the winter. Today I had another training day which meant for me getting up at 3:30AM and going on a bus to get to the capital (which is 2.5 hours drive away from Tartu). That gave me the amazing opportunity to see the Estonian beauty in it's finest! Living in the city, you tend to forget how beautiful it can be to simply see endless forests and fields covered with white, flowing snow (getting a little emotional here but trust me, it is one of the most beautiful sights ever!). Though I had slept around 2 hours + a little nap in the bus and then had to undergo a theoretical training, I was a bit like an energy bunny because for the first time in these past months it was truly winter outside and even the pinching cold couldn't change it to a bad thing :) 

What I love even more about winter, is the whimsical feel it gives to the pictures. This outfit is shot around 4pm when the sun had almost gone down and therefore the quality couldn't be the best ... however, the light snow gives saved the day - not to even mention how it brings out every single look. Recently I've really gotten fond of these simple looks that are very comfortable and easy to wear the whole day (in case I have to run around from one place to another + go to work after that), which is the reason I simply adore this cardigan! Hey, it's monochrome (and therefore suits with pretty much everything), it's soft and warm and has a funky leopard pattern which makes it edgier and bolder. Though many wouldn't really mix it with any other patterns, I like to go out from the box so I matched it with stripes - I'd say it works pretty well! 

What's your take on leopard print items? Do you like to mix and match it with some other patterns as well? What are your tricks for wearing it? :) 

xoxo

 Pictures by Rauno Põldme
Cardigan - Terranova | Blouse - Zoul | Skirt - Fishbone | Necklace - Mohito | Tights - Lindex | Boots - JC


30 comments:

  1. Love it!! So true.. the snow makes everything feel magical!
    Hope
    hchdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! I'm so happy to have the chance to live in such country :)

      Delete
  2. you look soooo cute!
    x
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE SNOW SO MUCH :) lolol I probably shouldn't be so obsessed with it because of my mostly frozen current location, but summer always feels rlly boring to me :p I love your outfit so much!! :)
    <3 victorique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same here! I have such lack of inspiration in the summer :P thank you dear!

      Delete
  4. Yay, happy snow! Yes, photos in snow are awesome, the light gets directly reflected by it and photos look magnificent ^_^ Adore the leopard cardi, especially the way you tied it with that belt <3
    I prefer mixing it with various patterns, I think it looks so much better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! And the belt trick is something I constantly do! Can't go another way :)

      Delete
  5. LOVE that dress!!! Looks soooo good on you!! I like the leopard print with that outfit!! Great photos!! You look beautiful doll!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe it's actually a skirt + a top! But thank you :)

      Delete
    2. Pretty cool how the pattern on the top and skirt match so closely....you little trickster!! :)
      In any case that skirt looks damn good on you and your legs look amazing!! :)

      Delete
    3. heh I like to do those visual tricks - they always work :) Thanks again!

      Delete
  6. Great photos <3
    Check out my latest outfit post?

    Your Princess is in Another Castle

    xx Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so jealous, wish it was snowing over here as well! I totally agree with you, the snow adds such a nice touch to every single picture! Love the outfit you are wearing dear, comfy yet so chic! That cardigan is gorgeous, I love leopard print. Gorgeous colour and pattern combination! So pretty.x
    xxxx
    Stephanie
    vidathings.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much for all the kind words! :) xo

      Delete
  8. Love you take a risk of mixing leopard print and stripes, love it!
    Come check out my NEW POST and let me know what you think! See ya...

    www.wear2day.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey gotta make it bold, the monochrome pallette of course helps a lot :) Thanks dear! I'll definitely hop to your post too :)

      Delete
  9. cute winter photos ....love the laid-back look !
    followed you back honey !!
    keep in touch !
    xoxo

    www.mychoicebysorana.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahah in poland snow is always in december.. or even in October. But in this year we had to wait for snow untill January :D But now... is -20 degrees :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, I see what you mean because it's 100% like that in Estonia as well!

      Delete
  11. Hi darling!

    thank you for your comment in Lookbook.nu, nice pics!!

    http://andtrendydreams.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete

Every comment matters the world to me and I always read all comments! Feel free to share your thoughts in any language that is comfortable for you. Your feedback is what makes this blog! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...