I hope you won't faint when I say this but it's -25 degrees celsius /-13 fahrenheit outside! Estonia has turned into this amazing winter wonderland - smoke is rising from the chimneys everywhere, cars won't start, people are hidden behind scarves and you DEFINITELY DO NOT want to put your tongue against poles! People are literally walking around like little fur balls, wearing loads of clothes. Despite the cold, it's actually so picturesque outside. What I love about this kind of weather, is the beautiful sun that is shining and it makes everything look so sparkling (like Edward from Twilight, no offence, we just watched the saga actually haha/R says: "I'm glad it's over for me!"). I'm one of those people who think that there is no such thing as bad weather, there is only wrong clothing for it. So every time it's so beautiful outside, I defy the cold and look like a little child who's in the candy store, staring at this beautiful landscape.
If you are also one of those who doesn't want to sit at front of the fireplace all day and want to enjoy the views, you would like to know some tips of how to dress yourself for this winter aventure. I have some suggestions I use every day when it's so cold outside.
My fashion tips for freezing weather:
* Cold weather doesn't mean you have to wear loads of pants all the time, there are plenty of options on how to wear skirts or dresses and still be warm. Definitely wear tights that are over 100den - about 200den would do! Also, I wear woolen over-knees on the tights, but any kind of leg warmers will do the job as well! They really do look stylish and I guarantee that with tights and leg warmers it's exactly as warm as with pants.
* If you want to wear some shirts or something else rather than sweaters, use some skin tight undergarments like little tops. They don't have to be thick, they just keep your natural body heat near you and keep you warm.
* Of course I'm a huge sweater-lover during the winter. There are SO many different colors, patterns and styles of them and you can wear them with pretty much anything! Sweaters really are your little helpers during the winter.
* Also, you need to have this one beautiful coat that is warm and stylish. I really don't like parkas, because they are more of a teen-thing/sporty, so I prefer really coats. I have this usual black felt/wool coat, that doesn't seem very thick, but it's material is very ergonomic and still keeps me warm. Besides usual coats, there are many beautiful fur coats - I don't mean real fur, but fake fur coats. They are fashionable, high-quality and if you buy one it's guaranteed that you wear it your whole life! Fur coats never get out of fashion!
* For jean lovers I prefer to get jeans that have a bit thicker material. But still put tights or something like that under them if you plan to stay outside for long, because even with good quality jeans you get cold. Also, it seems funny, but it's good to wear darker jeans because they attract sunlight more and are much warmer than white ones!
* Play around with scarves, hats and mittens! They are warm, cute and beautiful, also they add so much detail and style to your outfits.
So, stay warm, use layering as crazy and drink hot tea! Here is a little outfit inspiration for you as well. I hope you get some ideas & can walk around as fabulous fashionista who isn't afraid of the cold weather!